UBC Vancouver Make-Up Ceremonies Checklist
Use the Special Ceremonies Checklist to help you complete the journey and enjoy your ceremony day to the fullest. This page is for UBC Vancouver Graduates of 2020 & Spring 2021.
For the UBC Okanagan Special Ceremonies Checklist, please visit https://graduation.ubc.ca/students/your-graduation-checklist/.
If you are a UBC Vancouver graduating student for Fall Graduation 2022, please visit https://graduation.ubc.ca/students/your-graduation-checklist/ for your Checklist.
1. Register for Your Ceremony
For those who have submitted their interest to attend in-person make-up ceremonies before August 22, you should have received an email asking you to officially register to guarantee a spot for your ceremony.
Please complete your registration for your ceremony before Monday, October 17. Registration opens September 7 at 12:00 pm PT.
If your Access Code and Student Number does not work for registration, you may not have pre-registered your interest to attend before August 22. If you would like to be added to the standby list, we will try our best to accommodate your request to attend the make-up ceremonies in November 2022.
2. Find Your Ceremony
3. Rent your Graduation Regalia
Rent your regalia (gown, hood and mortarboards) online in advance of your ceremony.
Regalia rentals Wednesday, September 7 at 12:00 pm (PT) and ends on Friday, October 28 at 11:59 pm (PT).
4. Reserve Guest Tickets (Maximum of Two Per Graduate)
Alumni who have submitted their interest to attend in-person make-up ceremonies before August 22 are guaranteed 2 (TWO) guest tickets for their ceremony if they reserve their tickets by the Monday, October 17 deadline. We strongly recommend alumni reserve their tickets as soon as possible. All tickets must be reserved in advance using the Ticket Reservation System.
Online reservation for guest tickets at make-up ceremonies opens Wednesday, September 7, 12:00 pm (PT) and ends on Monday, October 17 at 11:59 pm (PT). We cannot guarantee two tickets for alumni who miss the deadline for reserving tickets in advance. There will be no exceptions for those who miss this reservation window; please arrange your guest tickets accordingly. Any unclaimed tickets from the first round will be added to the extra ticket inventory and distributed evenly in the next Extra Ticket round.
After the initial Ticket Reservation period, extra tickets may become available beginning Wednesday, October 19, 12:00 pm (PT). Once the initial ticket reservation round has ended, the Chan Centre will calculate the number of unclaimed tickets remaining in the system and divide by the number of grads to determine how many extra tickets (if any) will become available to each alumni.
5. Parking at Graduation
- For ceremony days, the Rose Garden Parkade is being reserved solely for graduation attendees (graduating students and their guests) and Fraser River Parkade will be used as overflow parking. When reserving guest tickets using the Tickets Reservation page, you will have the opportunity to pre-purchase passes ($10.00) for the Rose Garden Parkade or the Fraser River Parkade.
- Faculty/Staff Parking permits are NOT valid in Rose Garden Parkade during Congregation. Faculty/Staff permit holders are encouraged to park at Fraser River or North parkades.
- Student parking permits valid for Rose Garden parkade will be accepted at Fraser River and North parkades.
How do I pay for parking?
- Option 1: When reserving guest tickets using the Tickets Reservation page, you will have the opportunity to pre-purchase passes ($10.00) for the Rose Garden Parkade or the Fraser River Parkade.
- Option 2: Save time and avoid line ups by purchasing parking for Rose Garden Parkade via Honk Mobile App up to 14 days in advance.
Parking costs $10 and can be obtained through the Honk Mobile App Zone ID 5650 or by scanning the QR code (see Honk Mobile App instructions link below) and following the prompts without the need of the mobile App.
6. Prepare for Graduation Day
Find out what to expect at your ceremony, from when to arrive to the significance of the Procession to how to cross the stage.
7. Information for your Family & Guests
Share the details with your family and friends who will be joining you at your graduation so they can plan their day, from how and when to arrive to what to do after the ceremony to continue the celebrations.
For friends and family who cannot join you, all UBC ceremonies are webcast live online. The live webcast will be available 15 minutes prior to the start of each ceremony. Links to view the ceremony recording will be available within 24 hours following each ceremony.
8. If you have Accessibility Needs
If you are in need of captioning or interpreting services for a ceremony, please complete the Captioning and Sign Language Interpreting Request Form by October 25 (three weeks in advance of the make-up ceremonies) and the Centre for Accessibility will assist with these arrangements. You can also contact 604-822-5844 if you have any questions.
If you are a guest or an alumni attending the make-up ceremonies who has physical accessibility needs/mobility issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25.
9. Still have more questions on the Special Ceremonies?
Please check our Frequently Asked Questions page.