Use the Graduation Checklist to help you complete the journey and enjoy the ceremony and your day to the fullest. Dates and information for Spring 2024 will be updated in the coming months. Please check back for updates.
1. Apply for Graduation
2. Find your Ceremony
Spring Congregation will take place from May 22-24, 2024 and May 27-30, 2024.
Exact dates and times for each ceremony will be available by the end of March.
3. Rent your Graduation Regalia
Rent your graduation regalia (gown, hood and mortarboards) online in advance of your ceremony. Appropriate academic attire is required of all participants.
If you’ve missed the deadline to reserve regalia in advance at a discounted rate of $55, please arrive at the Student Marshaling Tent in Buchanan Courtyard 1.5 hours before your ceremony start time. The cost to rent your regalia is $75 on site (cash, debit or credit).
4. Reserve Guest Tickets (Maximum of Two Per Graduate)
Online reservation for guest tickets for graduation opens Tuesday, April 2, 12:00 pm (PT). Students who are eligible and approved to graduate are guaranteed 2 (TWO) guest tickets for their ceremony if they reserve their tickets by the Friday, May 10 deadline. We strongly recommend students reserve their tickets as soon as possible. All tickets must be reserved in advance using the Ticket Reservation System.
We cannot guarantee two tickets for students who miss the deadline for reserving tickets in advance. There will be no exceptions for those who miss this reservation window; please arrange your guest tickets accordingly. Any unclaimed tickets from the first round will be added to the extra ticket inventory and distributed evenly in the Extra Ticket round.
After the initial Ticket Reservation period, extra tickets may become available beginning Wednesday, May 15, 12:00 pm (PT). Once the initial ticket reservation round has ended, the Chan Centre will calculate the number of unclaimed tickets remaining in the system and divide by the number of grads to determine how many extra tickets (if any) will become available to each graduate. Any remaining tickets after the first two rounds will be available to the public with no limits as of 7:00 pm (PT) the day before each ceremony.
5. Parking at Graduation
- For ceremony days, the Rose Garden Parkade is being reserved solely for graduating students and their guests, and the Fraser River Parkade will be used as overflow parking. When reserving guest tickets using the Grad Tickets Reservation Page, you will have the opportunity to pre-purchase passes ($10.00) for the Rose Garden Parkade or the Fraser River Parkade.
- Faculty/Staff and Student Parking permits are NOT valid in the Rose Garden Parkade during Congregation. Faculty/Staff permit holders are encouraged to park at the West, Thunderbird or North Parkades.
- Student parking permits valid for the Rose Garden Parkade will be accepted at the West, Thunderbird and North parkades instead.
How do I pay for parking?
- Option 1: When reserving guest tickets using the Grad Tickets Reservation Page, you will have the opportunity to pre-purchase passes ($10.00) for the Rose Garden Parkade or the Fraser River Parkade.
- Option 2: Save time and avoid line ups by purchasing parking for Rose Garden Parkade via Honk Mobile App up to 14 days in advance.
6. Prepare for Graduation Day
7. Information for your Family & Guests
8. If you have Accessibility Needs
If you are in need of captioning or interpreting services for a ceremony, please fill out this form by April 24, 2024 (four weeks in advance of graduation) and the Centre for Accessibility will assist with these arrangements. You can also contact 604-822-5844 if you have any questions.
If you are a graduand who has physical accessibility needs/mobility issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 24, 2024.