Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get my composite photo(Grad class) and graduation photos?
- To attend graduation, my family needs a letter of invitation for their visa applications. Can you provide this?
- How can I get my diploma? My plans changed, and I wasn’t able to attend my ceremony.
- I am graduating with a Dual Degree, what are my options for attending the graduation ceremonies?
- I am graduating with a Double Major, which ceremony should I attend?
- I am not able to attend my graduation ceremony this term (Spring/Fall). Can I attend the next one around?
- My degree is listed incorrectly, what should I do?
- How long do the ceremonies last?
- Can I use tickets from a classmate who is not attending graduation?
- I have tickets, but now I find that I am ineligible to graduate – what do I do with my tickets?
- How do I get extra tickets?
- Are my tickets for reserved seats or general admission?
- Do my guests need tickets for Congregation? Even small children?
- I cannot pick up my tickets in person, what can I do?eWhat is the Stand-by line up?
- I am a person with special needs, who should I contact?
- I am not able to attend my ceremony, what should I do?
- My plans have changed, and I want to attend my graduation, but the option to apply through my CWL is no longer available. What can I do?
- what is a procession number?
- I have not rented my gown yet, what do I need to do and who do I contact?
- Where should my family and friends meet me after the ceremony is over?
- I graduated from UBC Okanagan and moved to Vancouver. Can I receive my degree at a ceremony in Vancouver?
- Are the ceremonies videotaped or photographed?
- What should I wear?
- Are cameras and video recorders allowed at the graduation ceremony?
- I am a UBC graduate and I would like to purchase UBC’s official regalia (i.e. hood, cap and gown). Where can I purchase this?
- What is a virtual ceremony?
- When is my virtual ceremony?
- Where will virtual ceremonies be held?
- Will I be able to wear graduation regalia for the virtual graduation?
- Can my family view the virtual ceremony?
- Is there a limit to how many family members can view the virtual ceremony?
- Can my family around the world view the virtual ceremony?
- Will the virtual ceremony be available to view at a later date?
- My family has booked travel – what about refunds?
- Why has my status changed in the SSC to “not attending graduation ceremony”?
- Do I have to participate in the virtual ceremony?
- Can I attend the virtual ceremony if I’m marked as not attending for the original in-person ceremony in the SSC?
- What about graduation photography?
- Can I still get photos taken for my graduating class composite photo? What is the deadline to submit my photo?
If you have any other questions not answered here, please contact UBC Ceremonies & Events.
The virtual ceremony will be an opportunity for all graduates, guests, faculty, staff and the UBC community to gather together online to celebrate the achievements of graduates. Links to view the virtual ceremony will be available on the graduation website one week before the ceremony.
The ceremony was held on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021. There was be one virtual ceremony for all graduates of the UBC Vancouver campus in the morning and one ceremony for all graduates of the UBC Okanagan campus in the afternoon.