Information for Graduates of 2020 & Spring 2021
The University of British Columbia is excited to welcome graduates from the Class of 2020 and 2021 who graduated with virtual ceremonies back to campus for special in-person make-up graduation ceremonies in November 2022. These ceremonies will include many of the traditions and components of graduation and will honour your very real achievements and celebrate the resiliency of these classes. Planning is underway now – please check back often for updates.
Alumni from the Class of 2020 (spring and fall) and 2021 (spring) have been invited to return to their respective campuses in November 2022 for special make-up ceremonies. Using the information from the registration phase in June/July, the schedule has been set:
- Okanagan: November 10, 2022 – https://graduation.ok.ubc.ca/schedule/
- Vancouver: November 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 2022 – https://graduation.ubc.ca/schedule/
Registration is now closed.
Registration for the make-up ceremonies took place in two-phases:
- Phase 1: Late June, for two weeks – Alumni received an email from UBC Ceremonies & Events inviting you to register your interest to attend the ceremonies in November. You had two weeks to let us know if you plan to join us in November, and we have saved you a seat. Deadline to register your interest to attend was 11:59 pm PT on Tuesday, July 12. With the information you provided us, we developed a schedule of ceremonies to safely accommodate everyone.
- Phase 2: Early September – Alumni who registered their interest and those on from the wait list received an email from us sharing your specific ceremony date and time, as well as information about renting academic regalia, how to secure guest tickets and more details to help you plan your visit to campus. In that email we asked alumni to fully register for their ceremony.
- For those who were not able to register your interest nor sign up for the wait list, you could sign up for the Standby List, which closed on Tuesday, September 27. We then contacted those on the standby list in early October sharing your specific ceremony date and time, as well as information about renting academic regalia, how to secure guest tickets and more details to help you plan your visit to campus. In that email we asked alumni to fully register for their ceremony.
- Thank you for to all those who have registered. Registration is now closed. We will be in touch with all registrants with final information about your ceremony. In the meantime, please see your checklist for more details. Okanagan | Vancouver
If you are an alumni who wishes to receive communications from alumni UBC, please update your contact information: https://alumni.ubc.ca/address-update/
Thank you to those alumni who responded to a survey in March and provided feedback and suggestions over the last two years. Your input has been helpful in planning this event and we look forward to celebrating with you this fall.
For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.