Information for Graduates of 2020 & Spring 2021
The University of British Columbia is excited to welcome graduates from the Class of 2020 and 2021 who graduated with virtual ceremonies back to campus for special in-person make-up graduation ceremonies in November 2022. These ceremonies will include many of the traditions and components of graduation and will honour your very real achievements and celebrate the resiliency of these classes. Planning is underway now – please check back often for updates.
Save the Date
Alumni from the Class of 2020 (spring and fall) and 2021 (spring) will be invited to return to their respective campuses during a broad range of dates. We invite you to mark your calendars for the following:
- Okanagan: November 9 – 10, 2022
- Vancouver: November 14 – 22, 2022
If you are an alum from the Class of 2020 (spring and fall) and 2021 (spring) who has not received an email from us in May or June 2022, please update your contact information to receive your invitation and updates: https://alumni.ubc.ca/address-update/
How to Register
Registration will take place in a two-phase process:
- Phase 1: Late June, for two weeks – Alumni will receive an email from UBC Ceremonies & Events inviting you to indicate your attendance for the ceremony in November. You will have two weeks to let us know if you plan to join us in November, and we’ll save you a seat. Deadline to register your interest to attend is 11:59 pm PT on Tuesday, July 12. With the information you provide us, we’ll develop a schedule of ceremonies to safely accommodate everyone. The confirmed schedule will then be posted here in late August.
- If you have not received this email, please check your spam or junk folder first. Otherwise, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
- For those who have missed the registration deadline on July 12, you can sign up for the wait list until 12:00 pm PT on Monday, August 22. After this date, the wait list will be closed. We will try our best to accommodate those on the wait list. The confirmed schedule will be posted in late August.
- Phase 2: Late August – Alumni who have registered their interest will receive an email from us sharing your specific ceremony date and time, as well as information about renting academic regalia, how to secure guest tickets and more details to help you plan your visit to campus.
Thank you to those alumni who responded to a survey in March and provided feedback and suggestions over the last two years. Your input has been helpful in planning this event and we look forward to celebrating with you this fall.
For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.